Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ultimate Christmas Story

The story my family will be telling for years around Christmas time:

My brother-in-law Ben woke up at 2 AM Christmas morning to his covers being ripped away and his pillow being taken.  He lifts his head and looks over to see two bumps lying next to him on the bed, not one.  Both have similar hair color.  He literally thinks that he is hallucinating double of his wife, my sister Krystal.  He gets out of bed and goes down to the kitchen for a drink.  He sees my Dad(often up in the middle of the night-journal writing), and when asked why he is out of bed replies that he woke up and can't fall back asleep.  He was too embarrassed to admit he thought there was another person in his bed. 

Back upstairs he grabs his phone and holds it over the bed, back and forth between the two sleeping figures.  His wife wakes up after the light has been shown on her several times.  "What are you doing?," she asks.  His reply, "There is someone in our bed!"  She rolls over, shakes the culprit and says, "JEN! You're in the wrong room!"  I raise my head, look around the dark room, and say, "Oh!  I must have slept walk or something."  I get up and go across the hall to the bedroom where Dax and I are sleeping, and instantly am back asleep.  My sister and her husband were awake a LONG time laughing.

Yes, I slept walk across the hall and planted myself in the bed between my sister and her husband.  Not only that, I stole his covers AND pillow all while I was asleep.  I remember sleep walking once while growing up, only because I ran into a door and woke up.  Odd that I would randomly do it Christmas night.  If I come to your house to spend the night, BEWARE.  You might get an unexpected nighttime visitor.

6 comments:

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

That is hilarious!!

Matt and Erin said...

LOL! i have always been worried i'd do something like that. too funny!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!

The Price Family said...

Too funny!

Samantha said...

Hilarious! Great story. :)

RileyDestry said...

I can totally picture this happening. So funny!