I love having little ones around to give Christmas that special excitement for all. My Christmas present this year is rugs, which we don't have yet, so I didn't have much under the tree come Christmas morning. You know what? I didn't feel the least bit down, rugs or no rugs. It was just so fun to see the excitement on my little man's face when Santa came to visit Grandma Jensen's house on Christmas Eve and as he opened his presents. Kyra is completely in love with her phone. Santa brought Hayden a bike! I made a growth board and gave it to Dax for Christmas (mainly because he said we needed one, not because I thought he would be ecstatic about receiving one).
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family and then went to church with Dax's family in Basin City, and then opened presents with them. We've been at Dax's parents' house since Sunday. It is always good to spend time with family, but I will be glad to be in my own element when we are home again.
Two of my brothers received new baby girls for Christmas! Ben and Rachel welcomed Grace on December 26th and Paul and Jenn welcomed Leah on December 27th. It's hard to top the gift of a new, healthy baby.
The older I get, the more I come to really understand the meaning of Christmas. I am so grateful for the reason we celebrate this holiday season, our Savior Jesus Christ.
Summertime
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment