Monday, January 16, 2012

Last Week Recap

Since this is more of a journal than anything, I decided that when I go for a week without a post it would be a good idea to recap the week's events so I don't forget them.  I am amazed at how often this once quick-to-remember brain is so forgetful.

Monday I spent the day doing laundry and other essentials, in preparation for the kids and I leaving for 3 days.  I also finished putting away Christmas decorations, what little we had anyway.  Dax was gracious enough to come to the store with me in the evening.  It is so much more fun to go to the store with him.  The kids seem to behave better, and the whole process is much more smooth.  Hayden learned the song "The First Article of Faith" for Family Home Evening.

 How I usually find Kyra when I am folding clothes.  We have never taught her this, and yet she finds Hayden's underwear and puts them on.

Because I have no other good place to put them, here are some Christmas pictures I finally downloaded.

While pretending to be a dog, Hayden very effectively chained himself to Grandpa Wells' lamp.
 Hayden built this Lego plane all by himself
 I cut out these antlers from an old box, and was very pleased with the result.  A little red paint on the nose and Rudolph was ready to fly.
 Taking Santa and (her) sleigh for a ride
Kyra and cousin Ethen
Not sure what Hayden was telling me here, but he's cute
Tuesday I packed our things and the kids and I went to my parents' house.  I teach a Ready for Kindergarten class 3 sessions a year (3 times each session) and it was easier to stay at my parents because the class was in Othello.  I teach the 1-2 year old class and really enjoy it.  I would love to figure out how to bring the program to Moses Lake someday.  Mom watched the kids while I taught class.

Wednesday Hayden started getting a cough so we stuck around my parent's house.  My mother has a recumbent bike and I enjoyed using that while at her house.  I despise working out in the cold, so needless to say, winter is a hard time for me to stay committed to working out.  

Thursday I took the kids to my sister Shandiin's house.  Hayden and Carston (one year older) both love to play together, and usually do a pretty good job cooperating.  Shandiin told me about BioTerra and all of the oils she has been using lately.  There are a few I would love to use.  My Dad had a growth on his forehead and put the essential oil Oregano on it for less than 3 weeks and it was gone!  Mom watched the kids again while I taught, and Hayden got to enjoy Capri Sun and any other treat Grandma had on hand.  

Friday morning we came home, and discovered that Dax had graciously cleaned our bedroom of all of the suitcases and clothes that remained FROM CHRISTMAS.  We did some much needed cleaning and watched Peter Pan for family movie night.

Saturday we spent the first part of the day removing nails/pounding nails in farther, and filling nail holes.  When the previous owners put in new trim on the main floor they never filled the nail holes, and it really bothered us.  We successfully filled all the holes, and it looks much better (see below).  We still want to paint over the trim, but it isn't such an eyesore now.

Before

After
After filling holes Dax went out and finished mowing down the weeds against the back fence.  Can you see him between two of the pine trees dragging a mower behind him?  Now you can actually tell that there is 10 ft behind the pine trees.
After our projects we cleaned up and went bowling with some friends.  Dax took this picture as proof that Hayden beat me at bowling, his first time ever, 88 to 86.  They have a cool new feature where the bumpers can come up and down automatically for certain players, so I didn't have bumpers.  It's a lame excuse for a 3 year old beating me at bowling.

Sunday after church we went to my parent's house because my sister Nicole was visiting from Utah for the weekend.  Ben, David, Shandiin, and their families all came.  We played settlers of Catan in couples and had a good time.

My cute girl dressed up

Today Dax called from work and said that there is supposed to be at least 6 inches of snow in the next several days.  Hayden is hopeful.  I took these last pictures last time(the only time) it snowed.

He LOVES to eat snow.  I decided I can't stop it, so I better just show him how to tell "clean" snow from dirty snow.
I took this from my bedroom upstairs.  I was surprised he thought of doing that out there by himself.
We are enjoying the fruits of our labor this winter.  The kids and I love our homemade applesauce!

0 comments: