Monday, January 23, 2012

Snowy Days

Last Wednesday I picked up my chicken from Zaycon foods at 8 in the morning.  I was planning to go bottle some of it at a friend's house, but she lives so far out of town that I didn't dare drive our car out there on the roads.  She was gracious enough to come pick us up so we could get it done anyway.  They have 6 boys, so Hayden definitely has a good time when he gets to see them.  Tara was so nice to help me with the chicken, she wasn't even doing any for herself.  I haven't tried any of the chicken yet, but I've heard it is so nice and convenient to have the chicken ready to go for things like enchiladas and shredded chicken burritos.  
Like most everywhere around the northwest, we got our fair share of snow on Wednesday and Thursday.  We couldn't really go out to enjoy it until Thursday evening when it stopped snowing.  The kids and I enjoyed the snow while Dax worked on clearing the driveway.  We have wonderful neighbors who let us use their 4-wheeler with a big shovel on the front, otherwise it would have taken hours with the snow blower.  This reminded me of a big snow we had when I was in junior high.  We piled snow on top of an old dryer to make a slide from the roof to the ground and then went down on sleds.  Good times.

Friday night Dax and I went on a date for the first time in a LONG time.  It was so nice to get away, and a much needed break for both of us.  We went and ate at the Teriyaki Grill.  It was good, but spending $20 dollars on a meal that isn't a gourmet restaurant just makes me cringe.  Dax pointed out that we haven't spent money on a date for a long time.  I guess that made us feel good enough to go out and see a movie as well.  We saw Mission Impossible:  Ghost Protocol.  Probably my favorite one of the four, because they added some humor and I was able to follow the plot all the way through.  Haley is a saint, she left baby Britlan (2 1/2 months) with her husband and brought Kyree and came to stay with our kids.  She even washed my dishes while she was here! 

Saturday we spent the morning and early afternoon in the snow again.  It was so nice to be out when it was sunny!  In the evening we went to the baptism of our friend's boy.  We watched Where the Red Fern Grows for family movie night.  I forgot how sad that movie is.  I haven't watched it in so many years that I think I got the story of the red fern for the first time.  The movie reminded me of my nephew Bryant's aching for a dog.  I remember feeling the same way about a horse as a girl.

Our 4 inch 4 lb memory foam topper arrived on our doorstep today.  I am hoping it is the answer to our sleep woes.  We haven't slept through the night in I don't know how long.  Years.  For $200, I hope it works.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu will LOVE your chicken. I would can all of my chicken if it didn't take so long to process. It is so quick and convenient to just grab a bottle and it's ready! Glad you got out on a date, that is always nice when it actually happens.