Lately I've been feeling like I just need more time. My "before baby list" seems to grow every day, and we haven't even accomplished the first on the list...put the grass in!! Dax's sister Taneil and family are probably coming to stay with us in mid-July, so I figured that will be about the end of my productive time before the baby comes. I just keep thinking of things that I want to get done before the baby comes, or they probably won't get done for another year. That is just how my life goes with a newborn. I am fine with that though, they are only little once so I don't like putting pressure on myself to accomplish too many things in the early months. My mother informed me that if I really want to be productive at canning I need to stop having babies in the fall. :) I agree. Before mid-July I REALLY want to accomplish at least 5 things...
Get the grass in and growing!! Everything with this project seems to take longer than anticipated. When I saw our neighbor put some sprinklers in in 3 days I realized why. We are missing 1) big equipment 2) lots of free top soil so we can just forget the darn rocks and 3) lots more free top soil. Seriously would have saved me months of time. Oh well. We raked it and I ran the roller over most of it today so if we are lucky we will get the grass in next week!! HALLELUJAH!
Sand down the table we bought off of craigslist and the chairs Dax's aunt Stacey gave us and paint them black. This is probably something I'll end up doing alone, and I"m a little nervous, but excited for the end result. I am still trying to convince Dax to let me do the same thing to the hutch from his grandparents...
Paint the front door RED. I can't convince Dax to change the house color from white, so the compromise is I am painting the door red and eventually (like 3 years from now when we can afford it) getting black shutters.
Make a window seat cushion and pillows for the master bedroom sitting area. Makala's friend Lizza graciously picked up my fabric the other day and I am so ecstatic about it! I am going to convince Dax to get rid of the ugly orange rocker that sits in front of the area when it is beautified.
Install an over-the-toilet bathroom cabinet in the guest bathroom. There is no storage in that bathroom besides under the sink and if someone comes to stay it would be nice to have a place to put things. The bathroom also looks a little empty.
If I add a 6th thing I want to get done before mid-July it is to get a car!! My neighbor's son is on a mission and she graciously let me borrow his F-250 truck to do things around town so I am not completely home-strapped. The first time I drove it around town I realized how much I forgot about driving big rigs. The person who totaled our car didn't have insurance so we are waiting to hear about the claim on our uninsured motorist policy. I am hoping they are generous. Very generous. Somehow the words insurance and generous seem to conflict when put in the same sentence.
I'll post pictures as I complete my list. By the way, the "real" list of things to do on my fridge is about 5 times this long. I wish I could borrow the Time-Turner from Miss Hermoine Granger. That would come in real handy.
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
How funny I want to paint our door red and get black shutters too .Chad thinks I am nuts for wanting a red door but one of these days I am just going to do it while he's at work:)
Post a Comment