All too soon I will have a newborn and my life will completely change. Until then, I am trying to remember to savor life as it is right now. To just smile when my kids go play in the mud and get so caked in it I can hardly recognize them as my own (literally). I remember feeling this way with Hayden-a sadness about leaving behind the life we are comfortable with.
My kids are becoming better and better playmates. It is so fun to watch them be cooperative together. Often when Hayden asks Kyra to do something he will say, "Please [insert what he wants her to do], sweetheart." It makes my mommy heart melt.
Hayden doesn't go down for a nap on a regular basis, but if we have been really active in the morning he usually falls asleep on his own. His feet look so cute in this picture.
Every time Kyra sees the camera she says cheese and gets mad if I don't take her picture and then show it to her. This was one of those shots.
We got our new bed, but have yet to get the old one hauled away. Hayden uses the box springs as his personal jungle gym and Kyra tries to follow.
Weather warm enough to play in the water! We had friend Parx over to have a water balloon fight. They had a blast. I couldn't fill up balloons fast enough.
I was hauling rocks to the front yard one morning and Hayden wanted me to roll him up in a burrito. I went to the backyard to get more rocks and came back 10 minutes later to this. It was only 10:30 in the morning.
We couldn't get Kyra to stop crying on the way to Grandma Wells' house on Sunday. Hayden reached over and took her hand and said, "It's ok babes." She stopped crying and they kept holding hands.
On the way home...after lots of running and playing in the sunshine.
Hayden: loves to figure out how things work. He loves to build with legos, ride his bike, get dirty, and crawl in to bed with mom and dad at 5 AM. He is becoming so independent and is starting to be a big helper. He hasn't wet the bed in 3 1/2 weeks! He loves to stay in pajamas, and hates having to get out of the bathtub.
Kyra: teases anyone and everyone. She keeps us on our toes. If I can't see her, it usually means she is doing something I don't want her to do, like getting into the toothpaste, tearing apart the foam from my swiffer-type broom, or climbing on top of the piano. She loves to wear "pretties" in her hair, on her arms, and around her neck. She follows big brother everywhere and always wants to be in on the action.
I love these sweet kids and am so grateful that I get to be their mother!










0 comments:
Post a Comment