Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A 'Good' Busy

This past week flew by.  We have been so busy the last couple of weeks that we get to Sunday night and Dax says, "Another week without a haircut."  He usually wants one a week before I really like to cut it, but it has been 4 weeks since he has started asking, so it is getting a little out of control. :)

Monday we had some new friends over for dinner and FHE.  There are very few young mothers in my ward, so I haven't really "clicked" with anyone in Moses Lake yet.  I met Ashlee and her kids randomly at the park last week and it is so fun to have a friend to talk to!  Parx and Hayden are just a couple of months apart in age so it was been wonderful!

On Tuesdays we have been going to story time at the library.  I am still trying to teach Hayden the etiquette of sitting on his mat the whole time.  If the reader isn't interesting enough he just gets up and gets a book and brings it back to his mat and looks at it.  Hopefully I can break him of it soon.  We did something else on Tuesday, but I can't think of what it is...probably something outside in the yard.

Wednesday we went to the park for Ashlee's ward's play group.  My ward doesn't have one, so I figured it would be a good way to meet new people.  I bought some small paintbrushes and have been fixing the line between the trim and the wall where a previous owner didn't take the time to make a smooth line.  The places I have fixed look worlds better.  Dax goes to mutual on Wednesday night.

Thursday I had Ashlee watch Hayden while I went bed shopping.  I wanted to shop locally for a bed, but I just couldn't get anyone to be competitive (even though they say they will beat any competitor price...) so I ended up ordering a bed online.  Hopefully it comes soon...did I mention we are still sleeping on an air mattress??

Friday we were busily prepping for our sprinkler installation job on Saturday.  Dax went to Othello to pick up the parts on Friday afternoon and we spent the evening fine tuning our plans getting ready.

Saturday was the big day.  We hoped to have a little more help than we did, but for only having my Dad half the day and David, Kip, and Dax for the full day they accomplished as much as they physically could.  I helped where I could, and ended having to make a trip to Lad Irrigation and to Home Depot in the course of the day.  Between that, making lunch and keeping the kids alive I didn't do a whole lot besides run parts to people across the yard and screw sprinklers on.  We just need to back fill the trenches and hook up the wire to the existing sprinkler control box in the garage and we are in business!

1 comments:

RileyDestry said...

You're on an air mattress while pregnant!? You're a saint. Wow.