I was reading scriptures to the kids in the tub this evening. Not the best way to do family scripture study, but by the time we all get inside at the end of the day we are exhausted and the full on bed time routine takes over an hour. Hence, scriptures at tub time. Anyway, the kids asked what prosperity meant, and it led to a good discussion about heaven, and how we chose to come to Earth and others chose to follow Satan and will never be happy. It was wonderful.
Then Kyra started touching her private area. She does this frequently when she is naked, and my "talks" don't seem to be helping. I explained to her for the first time that her private area is where babies come from, after she grows up and gets married and that Heavenly Father has asked us not to touch that area except to wash or wipe it clean. Hayden then proceeded to tell her that her private area would stretch and stretch and stretch for a baby to come out and it would really hurt. Nice. He asked me when he would get married, and I told him sometime after he went on a mission, after he was 21. I told him he would find a nice girl who keeps the commandments, who he could take care of like daddy takes care of me. He said, "but will you help me find the right one and make a good choice?" My heart melted. I am sure that boy will melt many hearts in his quest to find the one. But I don't want to think about that for a long, long time. Today I just want my babies to stay little.
*I should probably start splitting them up at tub time, but once again, another step in the process, and I just seem to have too many processes and not enough time lately.
Summertime
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment