Dax and I went on a long trip sans kids for the first time ever. One word: AMAZING. I loved the kids and missed them terribly, but it was so good for us to remember how much fun we have together and to reconnect in a way that doesn't happen all that often with 3 young kiddos running around. Thanks to the plethora of family that divided and conquered the care of our children so we could go!
My intention was to blog about each day of the trip exactly two weeks after it happened, but yesterday got away from me.
DAY 1-Wednesday April 30th
We slept for about 2 hours that night, between going to bed at midnight and having to get up at 2 to get ready and drive to the Spokane airport for a 6 AM flight. Let's just say the plane rides went by fairly quickly. A 2 hour flight to Denver with a short layover and then a 3 1/2 hour flight to Cancun. My neck would have thanked me if the seats reclined a little bit more in airplanes.
We arrived in Cancun at 3:30 and the second I stepped off the plane I could feel the humidity envelope me. Wow. It took a few days to adjust to always feeling a little bit moist (and I learned very quickly that if I lived down there permanently short hair would not be an option). My hands loved it though, the cracks and dryness disappeared in a couple of days!
Customs took a long time, but we were just excited to be there. We found our shuttle company outside the airport and were on our hour long drive to the resort in no time.
Our room surprised us:
Hmm...I assumed we would be getting a king bed. We talked with reception and they found a different room with a king, but the view and location weren't as good, so we decided we would just keep the room. The bed frames are cemented to the ground so we couldn't push them together. :) We slept soundly that night!

0 comments:
Post a Comment