We haven't had too much fun around our house the last couple of days. Hayden and I both still have thrush, and yesterday was supposed to be the last day for medicine, so I had to have my uncle call me in another prescription. We've been sterilizing bottle nipples and pacifiers like crazy, so if you have any ideas I'm open to suggestions. I also now have mastitis. We're hoping to get over everything soon so that we can actually enjoy our Thanksgiving break!
However, Dax and I were able to go to the temple today for the first time in a long time (thank you so much Krystal and Ben). While we were waiting for the session to start I was reading in the Book of Mormon, and I just happened to come upon a passage that talked about how all of our afflictions here are temporary and will have an end. I know that we are so blessed in all areas of our life, and our trials are VERY minimal. I know that Heavenly Father does strengthen us and help us to bear with patience our afflictions for however long they endure, whether it is a few days or until this life is over. How grateful I am for the peace that that gospel brings.
Just a few of our many recent blessings:
- Hayden is growing well and eating well (he's starting to get the hang of latching on to me...he only slips off when the milk breaks the suction)
- I did well on an exam that I had almost no time to study for
- I felt an impression to stop for the garbage truck in case he didn't look...and he didn't...I would be dead
- We can afford medicine for our infections
- Dax and I haven't gotten a cold or the flu although we run on little sleep
- We were worthy and able to go to the temple today

5 comments:
I am very happy that you stopped for the garbage truck and are still alive. -Phil
Thank you for your post on the things that you are bless for it made me stop and think about the things I am bless with. Your boy is sure cute!
Hang in there Jen. I hope you feel better soon. Mastitis is not fun. I am also glad you are still alive.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving
Sarah
man, I am sorry that is no fun! What a great attitude you have though, thanks for sharing. Hope you all get better soon and stay that way:)
We truly are blessed. I am grateful for your example of a positive/grateful attitude. Nursing is very tricky. I have to use the nipple shield too and have recently been weaning my little girl off of it because it's deminishing my milk supply. I am glad your son is catching onto nursing.
Post a Comment