Wednesday, May 13, 2009

BIGGEST LOSER FINALE

I've never been a huge tv show watcher. Even when Dax and I watched tv shows, we usually just watch the seasons that are over on dvd. However, I just happened to turn on the tv right when the first episode of this season's Biggest Loser was starting. I have very faithfully watched the episodes of this season, and last night was the season finale! I love watching this show, it is so great to be able to see people change their lives and realize all that they can do. It is also motivating for me to never get to that point, because prevention is way easier than treatment.

Anyway, I can't believe that Helen won. How she made it to the finale I have no idea, and how she lost 23 pounds at home I have no idea either. She lost 140 lbs!! That is more than I weigh (I won't say how much more)...she lost an entire woman! I was hoping Tara would win honestly. Dax never cared for Tara because she won nearly every challenge (he is always rooting for underdogs), but I say if she was really willing to give her all then she deserved to win all the time. Especially since she was up against a lot of guys that you'd think would beat her. I liked Mike, but I didn't like Ron so much because he should have been eliminated long before he was. Lastly, GO Jerry! A 64 year-old man losing 177 lbs is so amazing.

Helen's before and after pictures


So now you know my guilty pleasure: watching Biggest Loser. My family has a reunion in 3 months and I'm thinking about suggesting a Biggest Loser competition between us kids and my parents. In-laws aren't included because they don't have any weight to lose (funny that we all married toothpicks)! Kim would be excluded as well, being pregnant, and also not having any weight to lose as well. We'll see if we end up doing it!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

So funny, that is one of my favorite show too. I really thought Tara should have won too! Definitely motivation to stay healthy.

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

I love that show too. It's about the only thing I watch besides PBS kids shows.

My mom's family did a biggest loser contest, and it was lots of fun. We did weight lose for those who wanted to, and we also split into teams (including cousins, aunts, uncles, everybody), and had a contest to see who ate the most servings of fruits and vegetables, and who exercised the most. It was really fun!!

Anonymous said...

I agree I was rooting for Tara. All three of them looked amazing, I can't believe how much weight they lost!

Abe n Linz said...

Personally I wished that kristin would have made it all the way through. She was such a sweet heart. I really didn't care for helen or ron. I really liked Tara in the beginning but she was always complaining in the end, it was so annoying! But like I said, I think kristin was there for such a great reason! (love this show, I've been watching it for awhile now)