So I was on a friend's blog and read a quote from President Hinckley about how we need to look for the good in people. He said we need to stop being so pessimistic and start being more positive. Wow, what a wake up call. Generally I wouldn't say that I'm a pessimistic person, but my walk the other day (if you read my previous post, which is now deleted) put me in one of my fouler moods. I started thinking about how all of those people probably had a long ways to drive and that I should be grateful for modern transportation that gets me where I need to go. Everyone has challenges that they are dealing with in their lives, and the only thing I can do is to do the best I can with my challenges and help others to overcome theirs. We all have a hard enough time without making life harder for other people with negativism. We all also have a hard enough time without being negative towards ourselves. God loves us for who we are, and He stands ready to help us become the people He knows we can be. Sadly I didn't "choose" to be humble in this instance, I was more "compelled" to be humble by the words of a prophet of God (Alma 32:13-16). Thank goodness for the opportunity to change and become better.
On a lighter note...Dax will be home in the early afternoon tomorrow! Even if he forgets Mother's Day because he's been gone, it will be a present enough that he's coming home. We've missed him!
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
Hey Jen, You're too good! I actually really liked and appreciated your previous post. Matt liked it, too. (I didn't think you were negative, just stating facts. Americans really are lazy and overweight, in general.) It really made me think and re-evalute some things. So thanks to you instead of driving to the library, I rode my bike 15 miles roundtrip--and I loved it. I've commited no driving anywhere within a mile of home.
On another note, I'm glad Dax is back. It's no fun being apart!
Post a Comment