Thursday, June 23, 2011

1st Swim of Summer

Sad that we are at the end of June and yesterday was the first time we have been swimming! My kids are like their mama-if it isn't hot and the water isn't warm, count me out! My sister Krystal and sister-in-law Lauren are in town for the week with their kids so we went to the Othello pool for an hour and a half on what was supposed to be the hottest day of the year thus far. I think it actually was, but it didn't feel too warm once in the water. :) Nevertheless, we had a good time, and thanks to Krystal I brought my camera AND actually took pictures. Ignore the fact that I have no tan or make up.

Kyra was NOT okay being in the water and screamed every time she even got a a few drops splashed on her. It wasn't until 5 minutes before we left that she randomly decided to have a change of heart about the water and smiled when I put her in (maybe because by that point the water was warmer than it was outside?).


First reactions to the water with cousin Ethen(Krystal's baby)


Hayden loved it and had a good time playing with his cousins and some friends from nursery who happened to be there as well. He still doesn't like the idea of water running over his head, but perhaps a few more trips to the pool will help ebb his fear.


Krystal and sleeping Ethen. He napped in the pool!

With Krystal and Ethen
I know I am biased, but I think my kids are adorable
When Kyra finally smiled in the water I had to get a picture!
I love this!
All the cousins: Ozkar, Siena, Maia(don't be fooled, she IS caucasian. LUCKY!), Ethen, Kyra, Hayden

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hasn't the weather been horrible! I am like you it has to be very hot outside and in the water for me to want to get in. Yesterday we got in the water too but lucky us it was in a heated pool so it was like a bathtub. You're better than me though I didn't take any pictures.