Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers

I am so thankful for fathers! I can't imagine my life without the many wonderful men that bear the name "father."

Dax is an amazing father. He takes individual time with our children and will come home from a long day at work and play with Hayden despite having next to no energy. I am grateful that Dax is so willing to learn what our children need developmentally. Because I graduated in Child Development he will ask me what we can do for each of our kids for their developmental stage.


I am in love with this picture, partly because it isn't a staged shot, and partially because my boys are so handsome.

Another one of my favorite pictures. Maybe I just love pictures of my husband and kids. Come on, does anything melt your heart like watching your husband love your children?



My father is a great example of hard work and being productive with your time...almost to a fault. Nothing is beneath him, and I have seen him do jobs other men wouldn't even consider. He also is probably the most faithful journal writer I know. I am grateful that he is my father.

My father-in-law did so many great things for his children. He held interviews, counseled, and taught his children everything from the gospel to car mechanics(thank goodness for both of those!) He is a great man, and raised Dax so that he could be the man that I wanted.

My Grandpa Christensen (mother's father). My other grandfather died when I was young, so when I think of a grandfather he is who comes to mind. He is an amazing man. He is even an awesome cook! He is the perfect embodiment of a grandpa.

I am also thankful for my Grandpa Jensen, Dax's Grandpa's Taylor, Webb, Wells, and Gibbons. All extraordinary men, even if I only know that through stories from others.

In church I was reminded just how much mothers and father need each other. In a prayer someone gave thanks for the women who made the men fathers. Mothers and fathers need each other to be complete, you can't get a mother without the involvement of a father and vice versa. I am thankful for that joint responsibility. I love fathers! Happy Father's Day to all fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and brothers!

0 comments: