
It's official, we FINALLY have a 6 month supply of food storage! It's just the basics, but it's good to know we could survive off of it if the need arose. It's good to feel comfortable when the topic of food storage arises instead of having a sinking unprepared feeling. I still need to add more salt, sugar, baking soda/powder, water(when we get a house I think I'll just buy a couple of big drums), oil, and vitamins. I'm kicking myself for not ordering my food storage last time my ward went to the cannery. The prices have gone up significantly in just a couple of months(4 dollars for a 25 lb bag of wheat). Oh well, better late than never. I'm currently reading The Great and Terrible book series; nothing motivates you to get your food storage like a depiction of the world with a food shortage. GREAT series by the way, I highly recommend it! I'm on the 4th book and there are 6 in the series; I'm having a hard time putting it down.
The recommendation for an adult for one month is 25 lbs of grains (wheat, oats, rice, etc) and 5 lbs of legumes (beans, etc). Providentliving.org is a great place to get information on what to store, how to store it, and tons of other information regarding preparedness and self reliance.
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
I love that series! I read all of the books in a week. I couldn't put them down either. I'm always thinking about those books. It is a good motivator for foodstorage.
Post a Comment