Saturday, June 4, 2011

Everyday Life

I can't say we have done anything exciting lately or that we have been super busy, but it seems like my daily personal time has dwindled down from an hour, to minutes, to seconds some days.

Hayden is growing like a weed, and eating like a cow. He tipped the scales at 36.4 lbs today. No wonder my double stroller is a beast to push, it weighs 80 lbs! He is giving me a taste of my own medicine. "No, mommy, I'm going to give YOU a time out!" has been heard frequently lately. I need to work on my redirection tactics, obviously. Still, he can be the sweetest boy, and it melts my heart every time he tells me that I look so pretty (the few days I get my hair and make up done) or tells me he loves me and gives me a hug.

Kyra now has 6 teeth and I'm anticipating a 7th any day now. Sleep has been affected, but I can't complain because normally my kids are great sleepers. She was burned on Grandma's baseboard heater (Hayden turned it on unbeknown to me, on HIGH) and had some nasty blisters that just recently opened. We're trying to keep infections at bay. She progressed from an army crawl to a "real" crawl on her nine month mark.

I acquired a double jogger through the graciousness of my sister Kimberly and I LOVE it. My arms are loving the workout as well. I need to find a walking buddy and make it a daily habit of it. In Provo Hayden and I went walking with a friend and her baby most mornings and then ended at the park to let Hayden play for an hour. My hair finally feels like it is growing, hallelujah! I may attempt to have my bad hair cut fixed here in the near future, after 8 months. :)

Dax has been putting in long hours lately, but hopefully we are on the tail end of that. They really aren't THAT long, but by the time you add the 45 minute commute each way it seems longer.

My sister Krystal just got here to visit for the day from Utah. Once again I'm reminded how much I miss my "Utah" siblings.

2 comments:

RileyDestry said...

I would totally be your walking buddy...if I was bloser than 500 miles away!

RileyDestry said...

uh...closer, not bloser.:)