I took sleep for granted before I was a mother. I didn't realize how precious and how invigorating getting 8 hours of sleep was. Every time I hear a young single male talk about how tired he is(usually by his own free will) he gets the 'don't go there when talking with a mother because you don't understand the meaning of tired' look. Even as a mother my children are good sleepers. However, the last month Kyra has slept through the night only once...last night. The precious girl is still sleeping, and it's been well over 9 hours. I feel like a new woman! When I don't get at least 7 hours total (or 6 consecutive) my productivity goes down, my energy for working out is zero(so I really haven't been, not with any consistency). In fact, my energy for anything is virtually zero.
This past month has made me SO GRATEFUL that my kids normally sleep so well! How do mother's do it whose babies don't sleep through the night early on? Makala, HOW ARE YOU SURVIVING??!! Makala has two preemies and does not sleep for more than 1 1/2 hours consecutively. We're praying that your body will hold out as long as your babies are in this stage, and that they will grow quickly!
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
Amen! I'm definitely in "Zombie mode" with my two week old baby! At this stage I find myself being impatient for Savannah to be 8 weeks so she'll be sleeping through the night! (I follow Babywise very loosely). Poor Makala, she must be so exhausted!
Post a Comment