Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Camp Zarahemla


Dax's extended family on his mother's side has a family reunion at Camp Zarahemla (by White Pass) every other fall and at Christmas time. They have a big lodge where the family usually sleeps/eats/socializes. We decided to bring enough clothes to stay 2 nights, but we would see how the kids did after one night before we decided to stay a second night. The kids did fabulously so we stayed until Sunday afternoon. We went canoeing, played horseshoes, played sand volleyball(I forgot how much I love volleyball, it's been so long) went paint balling, enjoyed nature, and ate way too much food.

When we asked Hayden what his favorite thing about camping was, he paused and then said, "Where's Cody?" Hayden LOVES Dax's cousin Cody(who is 13). Cody is such a sweetheart to take Hayden and play with him. It made our time at Zarahemla much more relaxing, because Hayden wanted to be outside playing the entire time. If there is a kid I wouldn't mind Hayden being like it would be Cody.

I DID NOT TAKE A SINGLE PICTURE THE ENTIRE TIME WE WERE THERE! Isn't that sad? I've just lost the habit of carrying a camera around with me. One of my new goals is to take at least a picture a day to document the things we do. One of Hayden's favorite activities is to look at pictures and to watch videos of us as a family.

1 comments:

RileyDestry said...

So awesome that your kids loved the camping. Family reuinions are the best!