Monday, August 1, 2011

Speaking of Fruit...


Dax and I spent time last night dreaming and scheming up a garden. I don't think we can afford to put pipes in 2/3 of an acre of grass this fall, but our water is a flat rate so we at least want to get a rudimentary system put in to water some fruit trees and bushes to get them going. I think the count is up to 11 fruit trees, 2 nut trees, plus the raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. We may be way in over our heads, but we need something for our kids to do as they get older. :) Any good suggestions on varieties? I need to start doing some heavy research. Thinking about where to put everything, and what shade trees to put in (we want LOTS of colors in the fall, like the Northern Red Oak above) is so much fun. It is one of the many things that excites me about the coming years.

2 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

Just remember with somethings you have to have 2 kinds so they cross pollinate. I am so exited to come over some day and see your new house. I hope your going to the 10 year reunion this weekend:)

Tina Braegger said...

I agree! I can't wait for a garden!! Congrats on your house by the way, it looks so awesome!!!