Friday, August 19, 2011

My Thoughts

Things that amaze me as of late:

-The speed at which babies and kids fall asleep. Once I can finally get Hayden to stop wiggling, he is out in one primary song.

-How quickly one can get out of shape. Between Camp Zarahemla, a sick Hayden, and a teething Kyra I hadn't worked out in over a week. I finished Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and was feeling strong and fit. Now? Sluggish and weak would be two kind words to describe how I feel.

-How much more expensive food seems to be in here vs. Provo. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I could take 7 grocery ads to Wal-mart to get the best price on EVERYTHING. More options=cheaper groceries. It was nice.

-My lack of energy the last few days. My body is an efficient, smooth running machine when I give it lots of fruits, veggies, whole wheat, and lean meat...nearly all of which I've been lacking sufficient amounts of lately. My go-to meal when I haven't have enough of the good stuff? Stir fry! Wednesday's meal included green, yellow, and orange pepper, broccoli, zucchini, red onion, celery, and carrots all deliciously stir-fried with chicken and served over brown rice. Pair it with a fruit and it is about one of the healthiest meals you can have.

That's about it for now. The end.

0 comments: