I'm beginning to feel a little like a squirrel. The bulk of my "projects" this summer have revolved around one of these three words: freezing, drying, canning. It has been so nice to be around family to be able to store food. Our latest project was freezing corn from Dax's parents. We ended up with 177 cups of corn. Dax and I did it alone, so it was definitely a project. Lucky for me he is an engineer so he set up the whole assembly line process and it went as quickly as 2 wheel barrels of corn could go. My project for the next couple of days is canning pears. Next week will be peaches. It should be really nice when produce prices skyrocket in the winter time. Hopefully.
Summertime
1 year ago

3 comments:
I have a box of pears with my name on it. I have full intention of canning them as well! I hope I can get a deep freezer soon so I can deep freeze yummy things like corn! I can't believe you had that much. Good job!
My feet hurt just reading this post. Canning is a lot of work but yummy in the end, way to go!
You amaze me Jen!
Post a Comment