We still aren't in our house. Mainly our fault, we switched lenders a little late in the game. Hopefully we'll get half a percentage point lower for our rate, which ends up being about a $30,000 difference over the life of the loan. Definitely worth waiting a few more weeks for. I'm getting anxious though, and as time wears on I'm feeling more and more homesick; it's been so long since I've felt "home."
Speaking of sick, Kyra and I got a nasty little bug last week. I didn't eat for nearly 24 hours (something I wouldn't recommend to a breastfeeding mother) and didn't feel like eating for 2 days after that, but finally once I determined I wouldn't throw up I forced myself to. Kyra and I both had fevers; hers lasted 3 days. Coincide that with the fact that she has been teething, and it has been a rough couple of weeks with her. I've been up a least 2 times a night most nights, and while she was sick I think I averaged 4 hours of sleep. I need some beauty sleep, literally. We're both feeling much better now.
Here are a couple more photos of the home. I hesitate to put too many on because the ones I have are when the previous owners' had their things in it. I don't need anyone thinking my house will be fully furnished when we move in. I'll repeat the fact that it will be BARE for a long time. :)



7 comments:
Very nice! Look at that house, it is HUGE! I am soooo jealous!! :)
I love it! I am very jealous of the grass, oh how nice that would be:)
What a beautiful home Jen!! I am so happy for you guys that you get to live by family, in beautiful Washington and a big gorgeous home on top of it. Life seems to be treating you well and I'm so glad. Minus those nasty sicknesses--I'm so sorry! Glad you're both feeling better now. Can't wait to hear more updates :)
We are so excited!!! The house looks so wonderful. Its perfect. Can't wait to see it in person. I am so sorry you have been sick. We really need to keep in touch better so that I can actually be a friend and help out...(I am the guilty party). I hope you are able to sleep again soon. I bet you are just itching to get into that house!! Don't worry im sure we can think of all kinds of crafts to make that house not bare! Its going to be beautiful
I hope you guys are feeling well now. The house is cute. I know the feeling of not feeling at "home." I'm so excited for you guys. I recommend a bottom freezer refrigerator. We bought one in Iowa and I was sketchy, but Josh insisted. I love it! We have one in our new place in NY too. We are glad after a year of side by sides or regular ones. It's good for tall people with the fridge up top. Anyways, we miss you guys! Hope you get in soon. Can't wait for more pictures. :)
Congratulations on the new home! I'm sure you are more than ready to be settled in to a permanent place and it's beautiful.
Post a Comment