After a grueling 4 hours I finally finished our taxes. Thankfully my brother Ben is an accountant and he helped me "maximize my return." I tire of hearing that phrase around tax time. My poor brother, I call him to ask for tax help and after we are all done with the logistics our conversation went like this:
Me: Thanks so much for the help.
Ben: No problem. Forgetting anything?
Me: No, I don't think so, the rest seems pretty straightforward.
Ben: Are you sure?
Me: Yeah, I am pretty sure.
Ben: Anything not relating to taxes?
Me: Um, I told you I'm having a baby, right?
Ben: Anything else?
Me: (as I rack my brain for anything I neglected to tell him). Um, thanks again?
Ben: Getting closer.
Then it dawns on me. February 24th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN! What kind of sister calls up for help and doesn't remember her brother's birthday? It didn't make me feel better that I was the first besides his wife to say it to him. Lame. Slave away all day doing people's taxes on your birthday, without so much as a few phone calls from your family. I let everyone know they better call him.
The good news is, we got a tax return! I can send my brother a gift card to rectify my forgetfulness(and for the fact that he helped us get a better return), AND we can afford the lawn! Hallelujah!
Summertime
1 year ago

2 comments:
So glad you get to use your return on something fun! I was excited to use ours on our lawn too until life happened and now it is all going to medical bills. On a positive note atleast we have the return for the bills otherwise it would be ugly. Hope you're feeling better!
haha! I LOVE tax time! Cheers to a new lawn, that is very exciting!!
Post a Comment