Tuesday, April 7, 2009

6 Months

I can't believe my little man is already 6 months old! We went to the doctor today and he weighed 19.4 lbs (80th percentile) and was 29 inches long (99th percentile). He is growing so fast...soon I won't have a little baby anymore. Every time I feed him I think how snugly he used to fit in my arms, and how easy it was to hold him.

We upgraded to a car seat that remains in the car because I decided I couldn't lug around a 19 pounder in his car seat anymore. It has been so nice! It was only hard the couple of days it decided to snow, but overall I love it. I sold the car seat and stroller combination that we had and now we have the new car seat and a jogging stroller (which has been FABULOUS by the way).

Some of the things Hayden does now:
-Roll from his back to his tummy
-Sit up (after a little while he hunches over, but he's getting pretty good)
-Makes several syllable sounds (including mum, his most frequent)
-Laughs and squeals
-Grabs for EVERYTHING, including the sacrament tray (which we discovered a little too late)
-Watches objects intently
-Pulls of his socks and occasionally his shoes
-Sleeps 9-10 hours at night
-Puts himself to sleep at night and for naps
-Makes my day every day!

1 comments:

Quinn and Ashley said...

So something really funny.... Kelsey had a doctor's appt. today too and well, she weighed 20.8 lbs and was only 29 3/4 inches tall. My little girl, is still a little girl. Even though she is almost 16 months!