No we haven't fallen off the face of the earth...we've just been moving, sick, and now just barely have the Internet. We originally weren't going to get the Internet. I kept trying to convince Dax how much money we could save without it, but since we do all of our banking online and because he can flash me emails throughout the day Dax won out. Either way it does feel good to know I'm not isolated from the world of people I know. So here's what we've been up to:
We moved out of our apartment on Monday the 13th of April (thanks to the hours of help we received from the Alleys and Kemptons...they literally cleaned our apartment, they are saints). We stayed with my Aunt Lisa and her family in Sugar City (just outside Rexburg) for a couple of days and then headed down to Utah. We stayed in Utah with my brother Josh and his family until Monday morning. In the meantime we got to meet up with all of my siblings that were in the area: Kim, Josh, Nicole, Ben, Krystal, Me, and Paul, along with our spouses and children. 7 out of 10 is pretty good! Dax's siblings also made it to see us for a couple of hours. Haley, Dax, Kase, and Vard were able to get together, which is 4 for 8 in Dax's family. We enjoyed our time in Utah, but considering our U-haul was due on Friday we decided we better get to Arizona ASAP to avoid making it way more expensive than it already was.
Monday night we stayed in Page and went to eat at a Mexican restaurant. I thought I knew authentic Mexican restaurants, but this place didn't even hire anyone who spoke fluent English, and they dressed the part, it was great! Of course the food was yummy. We arrived in Flagstaff Tuesday early afternoon and had problems sorting out details of our contract so we didn't get moved in right away. It took Dax and I a couple of good hours to unload our stuff by ourselves (the couch and bed were especially hard for me).
Wednesday I discovered I had 4 clogged milk ducts (Hayden went to bed early the night before and I had the type of milk supply where I better go to bed completely empty or it's bad news). I tried to take care of them as best I could, but not before they turned into mastitis. I also got a cough at the same time, as did Hayden. His little voice is so hoarse, it's sad to hear him try and talk. He won't eat solids now, I don't know if it is just because he doesn't like the idea of something coming towards his face (we are always wiping his constantly runny nose) or what. He used to love solids. My milk supply isn't enough for him right now either, but I'm hoping it comes back up. I still can't get him to take a bottle. Lucky for Hayden and I Dax didn't start work until the 27th so he took good care of us and did a lot of the unpacking by himself poor guy. He didn't complain one bit, and he was so helpful. I don't know what I would have done if Dax would have been working already, I couldn't even take care of myself, let alone Hayden. The worst is over, and we're working on recovering...I lost a little too much muscle while sick.
On the upside...we have a two bedroom apartment!! Hayden finally sleeps in his own room, hooray! The space is definitely nice, when I get it all put together I'll have to post pictures.
Anyway, the weather has been nice, and I'm hoping to get out and use my jogging stroller before too long. Flagstaff has some nice summers and we're looking forward to spending another one here.




6 comments:
Okay I must of missed a post somewhere but where is Dax working? And are you in flagstaff for awhile? Anyway hope you all get feeling better soon.
Take Care
holy cow, you're a trooper traveling with sick boy & you across states! Have fun in AZ! I love it there:)
well we missed getting to hang out with you guys:( Hope that your new home will be welcoming and that life (after college) is off to a wonderful start:)
I'm sorry that you guys got sick...I hope that you are all doing better now and getting into the new swing of things in AZ. Sounds like you are excited about the two bedroom apt! :) Enjoy your summer! I plan on emailing you back...I know its been a way long time. I fill you in later! Take care...miss you guys!
Moving sucks! I hate it. Glad your still alive.
That does not sound like fun. I am so sorry. I hope you guys get better fast. That stinks that you didn't have any help moving your stuff in. Sorry! Well, I hope you are enjoying the beautiful area of Flagstaff. I love it there. Take care.
Post a Comment