Friday, October 29, 2010

Breads of Fall


One thing I love about fall is all of the different types of yummy bread that for some reason taste better to me because of the season. Maybe I just have more of an appetite for them.

Dax requested I make some breads for the people who attend the defense of his thesis TODAY (maybe an incentive for the professors to be nice to him?), so I've been baking up a storm. Cranberry orange, zucchini nut, and pumpkin chocolate chip were my three breads of choice this time around. Because I was making so much bread I have spread it out over a couple of days so they won't taste as fresh as I love them, but hopefully they will be good all the same.

We are having Kyra blessed on Sunday so much of my family, and the little of Dax's that is in Utah, are coming to our ward. We are lucky enough to have my grandparents and parents be here for it! It is a big deal for my grandparents to come, because I think they stopped going to great grandchildren events a long time ago. I think the count is somewhere around 40 for great grandchildren. They just barely had another grandchild, so they will be having great grandchildren for decades to come. What a great legacy!

It is tradition to have a family get-together after an event like this, so I made extra bread for it and am attempting a minestrone soup as well. Luckily the rest of the meal has been delegated, because I don't know if I could feed:

Grandma & Grandpa Christensen
Mom & Dad
Brandon & Kim +6
Josh & Lauren +3
Nicole
Krystal & Ben
Paul

Unfortunately Dax has to leave right after Sacrament meeting to fly to Houston, but I am excited to get together with everyone. One of the biggest things I will miss about Utah is being close to many of my siblings. They are some of my best friends.

0 comments: