Saturday, October 23, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

We are in major decision making mode around our house. Dax finishes school in December, and we are in the process of applying to jobs. We have a job offer in Flagstaff, AZ, Dax is being flown to Houston, TX the first week of November for a final interview, and he has a phone interview with a company in Moses Lake, WA on Tuesday. Who knows what else will pop up in the next couple of weeks...Dax has applied to several other companies as well. The hard thing is when a company wants you to respond to their offer before you get an offer from another company that you are interested in as well. We have yet to find our dream: perfect location, perfect salary and perfect job all rolled into one. Does it exist? I'd like to think so. Flagstaff is the perfect job, Houston is the perfect salary, and eastern Washington is our roots, so for us it is about as close as it gets to the perfect location. The crazy thing is all of the decision making will be over within about 3 or 4 weeks. Right now everything seems so up in the air, it seems crazy that our next home will be determined in a few short weeks. Wish us luck, and divine guidance, we'll need it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I was so happy when all of that was over. I guess it still isn't 100% over but we are here for a few more years anyway:) Good luck with the decisions I hope everything works out for the best!

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

I know how you feel. It is nice to finally know where we will be for a while, especially after all the stress of waiting and deciding. I hope you find that perfect job!

Michelle said...

I think I'm a little biased but Flagstaff sounds pretty good:)

Ryanne said...

Jen!
How are you? Your children are so precious and adorable. I was thinking about you the other day when my sister-in-law called and asked if I knew a Jennifer and Dax Wells. Small World. Rachell Enger is my sis. It looks like you are doing great. I am so happy for you.

Ry

Lindsay said...

Jen-
I forgot to answer your question forever ago about Houston. That's exciting that Dax is doing another interview down there. We sure loved it there, but it will definitely be different weather than Washington and very far from both families! Do you remember John and Shannon Carey? They live down there, he works for Shell, or maybe Exxon...I can't remember. But anyway, good luck with everything. I know that anxious feeling of wanting the clear cut answer and hoping you're making the right decision. I'm sure you guys will be happy wherever you end up. Can't wait to hear more about it!