Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sad Truths

The intent of this post is for me to document things that have/are happening right now so that maybe in the future I can look back on that past and feel good about where I am in the present! The added bonus is that the world gets to be clued in to my current weaknesses and shortcomings. :)

Sad truths:

-I realized the other day that it had been 5 days since Kyra had a bath, 5 days since Hayden had a bath, and 3 days since I'd showered...Dax was grateful when I declared it Bath Day. I should probably schedule those in on the calendar to make sure they happen frequently enough. Sad that I need to schedule personal hygiene, I know.

-My bathroom has not been deep cleaned in over 3 weeks. That is my project tomorrow during nap time...

-I have applied makeup 2 out of the last 8 days (the same goes for doing my hair). I know many women who can get away without makeup and look great, but I am not one of them. I feel "put together" when I have a little make up on.

-I have vacuumed my house once in the last 2 weeks. This wouldn't be a big deal, except we have "utility" carpet that does not allow for objects to hide in it. You see every little speck on this carpet. I normally have to vacuum it once every 3 or 4 days to keep it looking presentable.

My realization the other day was that I just have to get used to getting about 6 hours of sleep a night for the next 25+ years. Normally I can't function well without at least a solid 7 1/2. My sister-in-law Taneil gave me some good advice: You just have to find a new normal. She wasn't referring to sleep of course, she was referring to letting some things go. However, I can't let everything go, and it seems that if I nap while the kids are napping that I don't get anything done during the day.

Goodbye restful 8 hours...see you when my kids are grown.

1 comments:

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

We all have times like that. That isn't at all uncommon for me. It's hard with two kids, especially when one of them doesn't nap.

The important thing is spending time with the kids. As long as the house isn't so dirty it's unhealthy, it's okay to be messy sometimes.