Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bread

I'm really beginning to love making whole wheat bread. When we lived in an apartment making bread was so strenuous. No Bosch(sigh). Laborious hand kneading. Bread that was never soft enough--due to lack of sufficient kneading. Now? My mother has a commercial mixer, oven, and bread pans. To top that, she has a bread slicer! Goodbye uneven bread slices! I can bust out 10-12 loaves of bread in 2 hours. I'm sure they will no longer be in working order by the time my mother passes away, but I begged her to bequeath them to me anyway, just in case. I'm sure I wouldn't have the room for them even if they did work. I fully intend to enjoy them while they last.

It doesn't get much better than bread that is fresh from the oven. The kind you can slather with butter and have it instantly melt. Y-U-M.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

The post made me so hungry! I wish I could make good bread.