Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day to Day

Not a whole lot of exciting things happening around here, just the day to day activities that make me love my life as a stay-at-home wife and mother:

Digging for roly polys at 7 in the morning with Hayden. We overturned 10 stones before we found one.

Picking raspberries at 5 in the morning. A little early for my liking, but not for my taste. :) I could live off of raspberries while they are on--I nearly do.

Watching Kyra climb both sets of stairs and then look back at me in satisfaction.

Going for an evening jog as a family. With Dax pushing the 70 lb stroller I can about keep his pace. I love that he will run with me now...4 years ago he wouldn't think about it (I'm more slow distance and he's more short sprint). I hope he'll run with me when we're in our 50s and 60s.

Feeling like I WANT to be up at 5:30 with the sun. Jillian Michael's is making good on the promise of ripped in 30. I see subtle results 5 days in.

Watching Hayden at swim lessons. He spends most of the time wandering away from his class (too many kids, not enough instructors/assertive instructors), but when his teacher helps him back float or dip into the water he comes over and says, "Did you see that, mom?"

Playing at the park as a family. There is almost nothing I enjoy more. Kyra's squeals of delight when she is in the swing, and Dax pushing as hard as he can while Hayden yells, "higher Daddy!" almost make me burst with happiness.

Yep, life is good.

0 comments: