
After 7 months of time, sweat, decisions, indecision, and yes, even a few tears, we are in the process of closing on a home! We are hoping it will be all said and done in 2 weeks' time.
We have literally come full circle. This home is the first one we looked at in Moses Lake, but at the time it was overpriced, and let's face it--we had unrealistic expectations when it came to a lived in home. 35 homes later we had come down to Earth. :)
A couple of weeks ago they lowered the price so I asked Dax if he wanted to check it out again, and he said no, but I convinced him we should. We decided to take Hayden with us, and as I was getting him ready that morning I told him we were going to go look at a house to buy. He said, "Mom, I want to live in a white house." I said, "Well, this house is white, so maybe we'll get to live in it." I got that foreshadowing feeling, but thought it was just my excitement at the potential of a home.
We checked it out and made a low offer on it. They came back and lowered their asking price only $1,000! We decided to forget it, but the next day our realtor called and said the seller was working with a relocation company that would foot some of the loss on the home, so we offered a little bit higher than our initial offer and they accepted.
The best features?
- It is 5 minutes from Dax's work. After a 45 minute commute this alone is bliss.
- It is 3 times bigger than anything we have ever lived in. It will be BARE for a long time.
- It has gorgeous wood flooring. Any tips? I've already done some research on how to care for them.
- It sits on one full acre. For some reason this picture of the back came out tiny. Oh, do I have plans for this beautiful spot of ground!
There are definitely things we want to change--with time as we actually have money to do it. For now we are grateful that the Lord has answered our very specific prayers down to the letter. We are getting a house!!

7 comments:
Wow Jen! Congrats! I'm way excited for you guys to begin this new chapter of life. We are still a ways from that, so I'm jealous. :) I can't wait to see more pics of the home. Someday we'll have to come visit you! Josh has family there too. Miss you guys!!
I am so excited for you guys! This will be way less stressful than building and quicker:) it looks great too, can't wait to see some pics of the inside. Do you by chance still have our house plans?
So exciting! hope it all works out smoothly. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun making this house your own.
Way exciting! It looks like Sam filled you in, but if you run into the Quinn family they are most likely our relatives.
Congrats!
Oh wow! That is a GORGEOUS house...and look at all that land! Congrats on closing and I hope that everything goes really smoothly (you deserve some ease). When do you get to move in?
WOW guys! This is beautiful. I hope you get it. And when you do we are coming over:)
This is so exciting! I can't wait to see picture of the inside. I hope everything goes smooth and you get settled in quickly.
Post a Comment