Thursday, July 28, 2011

FRUIT

Have I mentioned that probably my favorite thing about summer is the fruit that is in season? Strawberries. Blueberries. Raspberries. Rainier cherries. Watermelon. Y-U-M.

It took me about 5 hours to pick raspberries at Dax's parents' house today. When I walked in Dax's dad made the comment that I was probably thinking I didn't want to see another raspberry again. On the contrary, I was thinking how sad it will be when raspberry season is over. I'm stockpiling and trying to convince Dax that we should get a second freezer sooner rather than later.

I'm so glad we live in a place where we get to enjoy so many of these delicious foods for free!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I agree! Love the fruit season. I can't wait to be able to have a second freezer and fill it with freezer jam, berries and ice cream.. :)

RileyDestry said...

Summertime makes me ache to be home where there is SO much fresh fruit for the picking! Enjoy it and know that you have a friend who is very jealous! :)