Now that I feel much more like myself I am trying to savor the time that I have left with just my two kids. Not that I'm not excited about our expected bundle of joy, but I am just enjoying the last little bits of this stage of life.
I think one of the things that will make me the most sad is when my kids are too old to take a bath together. Dax says it is because I like to kill two birds with one stone, but really I love watching them play together in the tub. It is a time when, for whatever reason, they just love to play together.
No bath session is complete without a little rough housing
It is when they are in the tub that I really see a resemblance between them
They LOVE to dump water on each others' heads
We busted out the barbasol shaving cream the other day to draw. The kids had such a blast, especially Hayden. He asked later that day if we could do it again. I love that although it seems like such a big mess, it is SO easy to clean up, and is a nice change-up from paints, crayons, and markers.
Kyra had a good time putting the shaving cream on everything around her :)
Hayden wrote H Y A for Hay(how we are learning to write his name for now). He forgot the A and decided to add it after the Y. Then he randomly decided to add a T under the Y.
Hayden, Kyra, and I regularly have "dance parties" in Hayden's room. It is so fun to see them move to the music and get their wiggles out. The weather didn't let us get outside yesterday, so we had a dance party in the evening to get out some restless energy and Daddy made it home from his meeting just in time to share the last few songs with us. All of my dance party pictures are on Hayden's camera, because it always seems to be right there when we are dancing.
The sweet moments with these kids are slipping by. I am so thankful that I get to stay home to witness and nurture their development. On days where it just seems like the kids don't get along and don't want to do anything but the opposite of what I am asking them to do I am remembering that in time these days will seem so easy...when I am grappling to adjust to 3. Then I usually think of my mother, who had 4 kids 3 and under. :)






0 comments:
Post a Comment