Makala dear! Dax's oldest sister Makala had a birthday yesterday. Although I meant to call and have a good long chat, between the errands, last minute ultrasound, picking up a washer, and picking up a couch I failed in my desire. Your birthday gift is ordered, but I don't expect it to get here until Easter weekend unfortunately.
Makala was the first person I really got to "know" in Dax's family and after our visit I walked away thinking that she was enough family for me. Makala has one of the kindest hearts, the purest desires, and probably the greatest capabilities of any woman I know. She can sew, cook, organize, run, speak, nurture children, do AMAZING crafts, you name it.
From the time Dax and I were dating she thought about my welfare. She is very aware and sensitive to others needs. I know this because countless times I have had a need (bigger boy or girls' clothes for example) and out of nowhere a box or card shows up on my doorstep, without her even knowing I had a need. She is so sensitive to the Spirit and firm in her faith. I admire everything about her. Did I mention she has 6 kids, the last two are twins??!
When I think of women I want to emulate, she is always at the top of my list. I am so glad that she is my sister. I hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are Makala. I love you!

1 comments:
Wow Jen! You make me sound like something else. The great thing is I think the same of you. Love you too! (You had a crazy, busy day!)
Post a Comment