Yesterday we had a pretty busy day. Our friends the Roylances came over, I had a doctor's appointment, I had to get ready for my Relief Society activity, we went to the activity, and Dax had softball. One of my callings is the 'Relief Society activity chair,' which should be relabeled in my ward as the 'Relief Society one woman show' because I don't have any committee members, so it all falls to me. The 2nd counselor is gracious about helping me out.
The husbands were invited to this activity and we had a game night of sorts. I had 6 games: ladderball (which Dax built for me the night before...he is amazing), bean bag toss, frisbee throw, 3 legged race, "How well to you know your partner?" questionnaire, and junk in the trunk from minute to win it (where you shake the ping pong balls out of a kleenex box). It was so much fun! Honestly, the first activity where I REALLY enjoyed my calling. I also had a few guessing game jars, where everyone guesses how many items are in the jar and if you are the closest you win the jar.
Dax left for softball before I announced winners of the different contests. After we got everything done and cleaned up we made it to the beginning of Dax's game at 9. I figured it was already a late night, we might as well go watch Dax play. I'm an awesome Mom, I know. After Hayden went to the bathroom in the 3rd inning the kids discovered a massive play area and decided to play instead of watch the rest of the game. What Mom lets their kids play at a park at 9:45 at night?
We let Hayden lay in our bed while we were in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Hayden said, "Mom?" I said, "Yes?" Pause. Hayden said, "Dad?" Dax said, "Yes?" Another pause. Then Hayden said, "I had a really great time with both of you today."
We smiled. Nothing signals a great day better than when your child recognizes it as he is drifting off to sleep.
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
oh how sweet is that about Hayden. Love days like that! Glad your activity went so well, that is a stressful job.
Post a Comment