Growing up showed pigs at the Adams County Fair and twice at the Grant County Fair. Now as an adult I always look forward to being able to take my kids to the fair. On Tuesday you could go to the Grant County Fair for a dollar if you brought a can of food, so we took advantage of it. Although Dax was sorely disappointed by our kids' animal recognition abilities, we had a good time for the short time we were there. I couldn't get Dax to give in and buy an elephant ear, the thing I looked forward to the most about the fair as a kid. However, they are 5 DOLLARS now, and it was getting late, so if I hadn't been so fond of the memory I wouldn't have even brought it up.
They had bears at the fair! Apparently we missed the bear show, but the kids were just as happy to look at them.
Hayden wanted to ride the elephant, but we settled for letting him go on one ride instead. We happened to see our friends the Johnston's while we were there so Hayden got to ride with Parx on the gator train.
Growing up I never thought of the fair as a dirty place (because being up close to a pig probably makes the rest of the fair look clean), but I felt dirty the whole time we were there. Funny how things change.






0 comments:
Post a Comment