My brother Paul was married on Saturday, Feb. 19th in the Mesa Arizona temple to Jennifer Haught. It was an amazing sealing, and the first one that I've been to that I cried (besides my own). Paul and I were almost literally joined at the hip growing up, since we are only 15 months apart and had many similar interests. I am so excited for him and Jennifer! The ironic thing is she is now Jennifer M. Jensen. :) All 10 of my parent's children were in the temple together for the first time. My mother said it was the happiest day of her life to have her parents and all of her children together.
It was a fun weekend (well, maybe not so much for Dax, he's still feeling a little under the weather) filled with lots of activities, and definitely no where near enough sleep. We flew into Mesa on Friday and went to dinner at Tia Rosa's with Jennifer's family that night. Saturday morning we got ready and went to the sealing. Afterward we had a luncheon at a church and then a reception that evening. Most of my siblings got in the hot tub after the reception as well. Except for Ben we all stayed in the same hotel the night before. It was crummy weather for Mesa, it rained and blew most of the time. We only took one group shot at the temple and I'm sure it was only for the memory that it was a stormy day because it could not have turned out well.
Sunday we went to church and relaxed before we headed back early Monday morning. Makala (Dax's sister) was gracious enough to accept the job of watching Hayden for the weekend, and we know he was in good hands and had the time of his life.
Dax and I (thanks Nicole for the borrowed swim suit, I want one like it!)
Kim holding Savannah (Shandiin's baby) Krystal holding Ethen, and Rachel.
She loved, loved dancing with daddy.
Josh and Brandon being wallflowers during the dance part of the reception.
I am laughing so hard in this picture because Kyra would fuss everytime she couldn't see the camera and then would be all smiles when she saw it.

Dax dancing with Kyra. I love this picture.

All 10 children at the reception. Unfortunately the pictures all turned out horribly, and they were the only ones I had taken of everyone.
I won't name names, but if any of you know my brothers it isn't hard to tell who is picking the grapefruit from the temple grounds. :)
At the temple
Kyra's new favorite tongue trick (on the plane ride home, right before her blow out) :)

2 comments:
Kyra is amazing for the camera. Those smiles couldn't be better.
aww how fun! Your kids are just adorable! And Jen you look amazing as ever, I can't believe you have had 2 kids! So jealous...
And yay for Dax! He now has a real job! That is great! Good luck house hunting. I only still dream of that day :)
Post a Comment