Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

For being sick we actually had a great Valentine's Day this year. I have to premise with a story:

Dax and I are in the process of meeting with lenders and have been working on getting pre-approved for a home loan. We were in the bank one afternoon waiting to meet with the mortgage officer and Dax brought to my attention a Valentine's basket that the bank was having a drawing for. If you could throw a bean bag through a slot then you got to enter your name in the drawing for the basket. Dax made his bean bag through the hole and although I didn't make mine my friend who works at the bank entered my name out of the goodness of her heart. We left the bank and I commented to Dax that if he won the basket that his Valentine's gift to me would be set. He informed me that our chances of winning were slim, but I was a tiny bit hopeful because we had double the chance with two entries. :) Friday (the day they did the drawing) came and went and I didn't think about it until Sunday. I commented to Dax that we must not have won the basket. He nonchalantly said, "Oh, when were they drawing for that?" I told him Friday was the day, and he just said, "Oh."

When I walked into the kitchen Monday morning with Hayden there on the kitchen table sat the huge basket from the bank! I said to Hayden, "Wow, what is that?" He said, "It's a teddy bear, a teddy bear for me!" I was completely surprised (not common because Dax isn't good at lying and I am too curious for my own good). Dax couldn't have hand picked and I couldn't have requested a Valentine's present that I would be happier with. I think the best part for me is that it was free. :)

Contents include:
-a plush puppy dog (what Hayden called his teddy bear)
-3 fake red roses
-2 wine glasses and sparkling cider
-a bag of Lindor truffles
-a bag of Ghiradelli chocolates
-a gift certificate to Casa Mexicana (one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants)

3 comments:

RileyDestry said...

How fun to win something! The Lindor truffles alone would have been exciting. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! That was a great basket. Nice win!

Samantha said...

That sounds like a pretty good V-day! I love things that are free.