Although we were sick the days leading up to Easter we still tried to do a few fun things with the kids. Hayden and I dyed eggs while Kyra was sleeping in one morning. He had a good time, and it was fun that he had the coordination to carefully put the eggs in by himself.
Kyra was the sickest of us all on Saturday(woke up with a fever of 102), but we gave her some Tylenol and let the kids have an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. My Mom did an Easter egg hunt for the grandchildren at her house the same day, but we had to miss it because the kids were sick. I'm sure my Mom put better candy in her eggs than I did, but luckily the kids are young enough that they haven't developed a taste for more expensive candy. Half our eggs contained jelly beans and half the eggs contained pennies.
Granpda Jensen was also over early Saturday morning to thatch and mow our lawn. If we had borrowed his thatcher and done it all ourselves it would have taken us all day to do what he and Dax did in just a couple of hours. The yard looks so much better already!
Dax said it was high time Hayden start wearing a button up white shirt and tie to church. Personally I love the look of a white cotton shirt under a sweater vest on little boys. Hayden has 3 of them. :) Nonetheless, the Easter bunny brought Hayden a white shirt and tie, and Kyra a fun spring dress. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of them in their new clothes...next time I guess.
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. To know that He lives and has overcome death brings peace and joy to our family's life in such a troubled world. Want to know more? Click HERE.




0 comments:
Post a Comment