Friday, April 20, 2012

Heaven is Here

I have a new favorite book.  Well, I can't really say I had one before (unless you count the scriptures, but aside from that), but I have one now.  HEAVEN IS HERE by Stephanie Nielsen.  Her story is incredible; SHE is incredible.  I admire her for so many reasons.  Dax is probably sick of hearing about her.  He asked me the other day what it is that draws me to her.  I told him her example just makes me want to be better at everything important in life.  I admire her relationship with her husband and her children.  I admire her attitude despite all of her adversity, and her desire to share that hope and faith with others.  I think the most unexpected thing that draws me to her after reading her book is how much I can see myself in her.  Obviously I haven't been through any kind of life changing experience that nearly took me from this Earth; I am talking about similarities like:  getting married young, wanting a big family, natural childbirth, an amazing and intimate relationship with my spouse, etc.  When she was afraid of dying when she went in for a surgery and told her husband, "Just so you know, if you get married again I will haunt your 2nd wife" I laughed so hard...because I would say the exact same thing to Dax.  The thing I want to change after reading Stephanie's book is to let myself be comfortable in my own skin.  She has always had her own style and her own way of going about things, regardless of what other people thought.  I am usually too afraid to do some of the things that I want to because I care too much about what people will think. 

Bottom line, if you need a phenomenal book, and a renewal of what is important in life--and to shed more than a few tears--AND to laugh so hard your side hurts, read this book.  Every second is worth it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great read! I might just have to make time to read this one, thanks for the suggestion.