Monday, April 23, 2012

Time Out for Women

On Friday I left both of my children in the care of their wonderful daddy and went to Spokane for Time Out for Women with the Wells women.  The 5 sisters, Mama Tyra, myself, and Kase's wife Brielle were there...ALL of the current women in the Wells family (there is room for one more when Vard gets married).  My mother, 2 of my 4 sisters, and 2 of 4 sisters-in-law were there as well, but I committed to go with the Wells women first and I didn't want to be the only girl in the family not there!  I had never been to Time Out for Women before, and it was amazing.  It was just the renewal I needed to help me in my responsibilities as a wife and mother.  The theme was "Seek the Good."  I could write a whole book about different things I took from each speaker, but now I don't have the time (or energy).  It just feels good to be rejuvenated to roll up my sleeves and keep doing what I am supposed to be doing. 

We didn't get home until 11 PM Saturday night.  Dax has never been alone with the kids overnight, so I was interested to see how everything would go.  From the sound of it all 3 of them had a great time, and it went more smoothly than it could have gone had I been the one home alone!  Thanks Dax for letting me "take the weekend off" and have a good time with the girls!

L-R:  Me, Makala, Taneil, Laryn, Haley (and baby Britlan), Blaire, Brielle, and Mom
With our Time Out for Women bags
Shopping (someday I'll actually be brave enough to buy a big sun hat)
Out to dinner at Twigs

0 comments: