Just a couple of weeks ago after a particularly trying day I made the comment to Dax, "I need a break from these kids to remember just how much I love them."
Yesterday my Mom picked up the kids to spend a fun filled two days at her house. They were beyond excited. Grandma Jensen is good at spoiling you when you are at her house. This is true for adults as well. Grandma even took them to McDonald's on the way to her house. I wonder if they will want to come back...
My kids have only been gone for 24 hours and I am already missing them like crazy. Interesting how that works. After several of my comments about missing our kids Dax said, "I don't miss them today. Right now I am enjoying it. I will miss them tomorrow."
The upside: I am getting lots of things cleaned and organized that have been badly needing it for a long time. The pantry, bathroom drawers and under sinks, and laundry room are all looking considerably better. The house will be spotless when the kids come back, and if I am lucky I can find enough activities away from our house to keep it that way until the baby comes!
Summertime
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment