Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We really enjoyed our time over this long weekend! Dax didn't have to work on Thursday or Friday, so I worked out my schedule so that I didn't go to my internship on those days either. It was nice to have 4 days together! We took it easy on Thursday. We went to the pool for a little bit, but Dax jumped in once and decided it was too cold and he was done. He laid in the sun to get warm while I stayed in the pool for a little while. I'm sure that 6 months ago the pool would have felt even colder to me, but pregnancy definitely raises the body temperature a couple of degrees! Dax is always trying to secretly turn off the AC, but I get warm so fast that it doesn't take long before I figure out what he did.


On Friday Dax got up early and went to help a friend who is adding on to his house. When he got back we went to the parade. We always went to all of the community parades growing up, so I think it just stuck with me. Dax thinks it's funny that I still call out for candy like the kids do. After the parade we packed up and went camping with our friends the Algers. We had a lot of fun, but it was probably good that we only went overnight, because sleeping on rocky ground and going to the bathroom outside aren't too fun when you're almost 7 months pregnant. We enjoyed playing games and the camping experience though. Monsoon season isn't in full swing yet, so we weren't allowed to have a campfire, but I made sure we got the full experience by cooking marshmallows on the propane stove!


Just one of the many times we went off for a little bathroom break. Dax was such a good sport to light the way and make sure I didn't fall over!


Yummy yummy s'mores! We also forgot roasting sticks, so Dax made me one out of wood when we got there.


We are thankful for all who have served and continue to serve our country so that we can enjoy so many wonderful freedoms. Thank you!

4 comments:

Josh said...

Sweet adventures! Jen, you are daring... that couldn't have been comfortable sleeping. Dax, did you meet up with your squirrel friend for smores? Oh... sorry I missed you call the other day. You can try again. I don't know when you are at work. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. That is great that you call for candy at parades, I do the same thing:) YOu are a trooper for camping and sleeping on the ground. We went camping last summer and I was 7 months pregnant but I had an air mattress and there was a bathroom in walking distance. Camping is always makes for a good time though.

Tina Braegger said...

hehe Dax is such a nice guy walking you to the bathroom! Thats so cute! Dax called Tyrell the other night, we were glad to hear from you guys and that everything is going well! We can't wait for you to get back! How is your internship and pregnancy going?

Quinn and Ashley said...

YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! YEAH! I wish I could be there to see you with a belly, I am sure you look beautiful. Anyway, how is everything going??