Thursday, July 17, 2008

Time Flies

The summer is just flying by! Before you know it we'll be back in school and then before you know it we'll be parents. Our good friends Josh and Sam Thun just had a little girl, and I think it is making the fact that it will be my turn soon a reality. I'm now 28 weeks along, and I think within the last week our little guy decided that he can't grow up anymore and has decided to grow out! He is quite the kicker, especially in the middle of the night. I finally bought two maternity tops ($5 each!)...but what I really need are some pants.

Last Saturday we went down to Phoenix/Mesa to go to the temple and then do some shopping. We went with another couple in our ward. Going to the temple is always such a nice reminder about what is important and what we really need to be doing here on earth. I figure that we better go all that we can now because it won't be as easy once the baby comes! Dax wanted to look for some shoes and I was looking for some pants when we went shopping, but we didn't find anything. I think just watching people shop so much made us feel sick about spending money. :)

We also starting teaching in the primary last week. We each teach our own class of CTR 8. In one hour I heard a story of a boy who got hypothermia and died and then was cremated, another of a lady who was cremated, how one girls parents are always frustrated in the morning (and other endless things I'm sure families would like to keep private), and had to untie a boy who had taken out his shoelaces and tied himself up with them. The joys of primary! It is very entertaining to say the least.

Dax's sister Haley recently became engaged and is getting married in December. We are so excited for her! That makes 3 weddings between our two families in one year...and who knows, we could have more.

3 comments:

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

I posted a comment, but have no idea where it ended up.lol.
Anyways i came across your blog and didn't have a clue to whose blog I was looking at and finally noticed it was Jennifers. lol.
Congrats on the pregnancy, have a great summer. This is Monica Lybbert aka DeHaan. My blog is dehaan-lybbert.blogspot by the way :) later

Josh said...

just wanted to let you guys know you are great friends and time does fly! Good luck with the primary. That is the great age.

Danielle said...

Jenn!! I'm glad you found my blog too! I was just thinking about you the other day. I haven't seen you since my reception. How are you doing? That's exciting that you're pregnant! Yeah, I have two kids now. Crazy!! They're a year apart too!! I'm glad things are going well.