Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Little Squirrely

They took the interns to the Grand Canyon last Friday to do a hike. We are a little less than 2 hours from the south rim, so it is a nice thing that they get to do for a day. When Dax got home I asked him how it went and he said, "fine." He didn't say anything else about it. It wasn't until I turned on the camera and looked at these pictures that I got the real story!



I told him he probably should have been worried about the squirrels having rabies, but he assured me that he didn't provoke the squirrels. He took out his lunch and they just ran onto his lap!


That is about all we've been up to. Monsoon season is trying to get started, we got a little rain for the first time today. Most of the people in Flagstaff are so glad because they don't have air conditioning and when the rains come it cools everything off. However, we got lucky and our apartment complex just happens to have AC. I keep it right at 72 degrees, exactly the temperature that my mother kept our house at growing up and I complained about it being too cold! I feel very blessed, because whenever we go to other people's houses I get so hot!

6 comments:

Josh said...

Dax... you always seem to make friends so easily, especially the squirrly ones. I am a little jealous, but he can't throw oops like I can, so I can accept this little rodent.

Josh said...

squeek squeekatee, squeek squeekum

Phil and Holly said...

Its like the movie enchanted :) i would've started singing and pretending i had called them over
-Holly

Benji and Rypie said...

I LOVE monsoon season. Woo hoo. Those squirrels look fun. I hope you are doing well.

Tina Braegger said...

hahaha I almost died laughing! Dax's face is hilarious!! How do you guys like Arizona??

Anonymous said...

wow, friendly squirrels!!