Hayden had his first dentist appointment today and I was pretty nervous about it. I still have to pin him down and pry open his mouth to do a semi-decent job brushing his teeth. He completely surprised me and opened right up for the x-rays and for the dentist to look at his teeth, AND scrape off some tarter build-up. Good job Hayden! Hopefully we can keep that process going for regular teeth brushing. :) I'm sure it helped that he got to play with big trucks, see a big fish tank, get a CARS toothbrush, and a sword shaped balloon at the end.
Unfortunately the dentist said that Hayden's teeth are really crowded and so he will have extra build-up on his teeth now, and probably even worse when his permanent teeth come in. I think my brother Paul actually had a few teeth pulled when he was younger to make room for all of his teeth, so maybe that will have to be the case with Hayden. In the meantime, I get to tackle trying to get Hayden to floss regularly to help remove some of the stuff that a toothbrush already can't get out.
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
Oh man, I really need to get my kids to the dentist! I keep putting it off. Hopefully mine will do as great as Hayden did. Good luck with the brushing!
Post a Comment