We have pull handles on our doors, so basically Hayden has been able to open our doors from the time he could walk. Not a big problem, since we could lock the door and also the bolt lock right above it. He is now tall enough (and has figured out how the locks have to be turned) to open the locks. The first time he figured it out I was in the bathroom and he had been outside for 10 minutes before I found him. We live on the 4th floor, and the maze of stairs (he could have taken 6 routes) made him hard to find. Needless to say I was flipping out. He has been "escaping" from the apartment for over a month, and it was causing me a lot of stress. I couldn't let him out of my sight if I wasn't in the front room, because he would run to the door and be out of the house in 10 seconds. Finally we went to Home Depot and bought one of these babies to put at the top of the door:
It is amazing what a simple chain lock can do for your sanity...
Summertime
1 year ago

2 comments:
I fear this day. Busy highway, canals, weird people. . .
WE have a child safety latch at the way top of are door. Even people that come over can't get out. But if your my kids you'll just bust out the screen in your room and run around out side.
Post a Comment