
I hate going to the doctor and being told that I am 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced and going back a week later in the exact same state. I wonder how it is even possible to have as many contractions as I've had and not progress at all in 7 days. At my appointment today the doctor said that a watched pot never boils, but when you are part of the pot how can you NOT watch?? Especially since when you get this close, 95% of the conversation that people have with you revolves around labor, delivery, and babies.
At church a few weeks ago I was talking to a girl who was almost a week overdue. Another lady walked up to her and said, "You are still pregnant? I can't believe you haven't had your baby yet!!" FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOT HAD CHILDREN YET, THIS IS THE LAST THING AN EXPECTANT MOTHER WANTS TO HEAR. Trust me, no one is more anxiously aware of the fact that the baby isn't born besides the woman carrying that baby. I've been fortunate enough to not have had anyone say that to me yet.
Luckily my friend let me borrow the book Mockingjay, which will keep me occupied for another day or so. If the baby hasn't come after that I'm fresh out of things to occupy me. This baby can feel free to make her grand appearance anytime.
Summertime
1 year ago

5 comments:
I miss all the pregnant pictures. With Hayden you had them more often. It was so fun to see pictures of you! I hope the baby come soon for you!
Hang in there! Sometimes even though you think you aren't progressing those contractions are doing something, maybe just pushing that sweet baby down and then when she's ready she will come much faster. Good luck, I'm excited for you guys!
Good luck Jen! I'm sure you're more than uncomfortable, but it'll all be over soon. Can't wait to hear about it! By the way, are you doing hypnobirthing? I saw that book on your sidebar. I just went and checked it out at the library and read it myself! Thanks for the list of those books.
Jen! Yay you are so close!! :)
Will you send me your address. I would love to make and send you some hairbows for your little girl..
You can send it to my e mail if you want.
tinaeluvzcats@yahoo.com
Thanks and good luck!! Can't wait to see pictures of her!!
Post a Comment